In case you didn’t know. You can basically get anything that is cool and worthwhile on Etsy. This is a fact. So I have compiled 25 gift ideas, all from Etsy, to help make you the most popular gift-giver ever this holiday season.
For the girl who’s house proud:
For your friend who loves a good piece of unique jewelry:
For those girls who are weirdly obsessed with winter, and somehow always look cute despite the cold:
For pretties who love paper:
For the (moderate) nature lover:
I took the picture above in Williamsburg, Va.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Unfortunately, it is also beginning to feel a lot like Christmas, too. Which means cold, cold, cold! Luckily I have these fancy and festive layering accessories my grandmother-in-law handmade for me! They are so snuggly and warm. I especially love the striped mittens.
These photos were shot at Adam’s Christmas Tree Stand on 121st and 8th. The best little tree stand in Harlem, if I do say so myself.
Shoes: LL Bean | Jeans: J. Brand | Jacket: J. Crew similar | Scarf, Mittens, Hat: Grandma
Transitioning summer to Fall pieces is as easy as adding a sweater or a blazer (or both, in my case).
Thanksgiving is here again and I have so much to be thankful for. I want to start off this post by expressing how thankful I am to person who created lists. Where would this blog be without lists?
I’m thankful for:
- This blog. I am so shocked and humbled by how well it has done. I really, really, really appreciate you all taking the time out of your day to visit my tiny corner of the Internet.
- My husband who treks all over the city to shoot my photos and continues to expand his knowledge of photography for my benefit. He is awesome.
- My family who is hilarious and supportive and totally normal.
- Falstaff, my parents’
pet bear dog
- Those little mini cups of Nutella with the ‘breadsticks’ that are always in the Duane Reade check-out line.
- The NYC subway system that is annoying, smelly, never on time or clean — but still beats the heck out of driving and paying for gas, car insurance, and arguing over who is DD this time.
- Amazon for selling used books so I don’t ever have to pay retail to fund my reading obsession.
- My general good health
- My job that is really quite lovely
- Restaurants that say exactly how much tip to leave at the bottom of the check so we don’t have to go over that ridiculous, “how much are you leaving?”, “do you have a tip app?”, “Is it 20%?” end-of-meal ritual that really grinds my gears.
- Those little packets of emergenC that make you feel better even though you’re probably not better (I am convinced those things are just filled with delicious old Kool-Aid powder)
- Asos and the J. Crew Factory online story
- Google maps with turn-by-turn directions
- Those Starbucks sugar bomb drinks that have barely any coffee, but do have 200% of your sugar needs for the day.
- Having two bathrooms because I don’t like sharing a bathroom.
- The fact that I get to eat as much pie as I want today.
So I just found this store Kentucky for Kentucky. It is so cute! Being a good Virginian, I had to pick up a Y’all sweatshirt!
Shoes: Zara | Pants: J. Brand | Shirt: J. Crew | Sweatshirt: Kentucky for Kentucky also in grey | J.Crew Factory (old, but similar here)
There are two crazy things happening in this particular post.
- I am wearing a bodycon dress
- These photos were taken inside
I don’t ever wear bodycon dresses because they are very unforgiving. I still stand by that statement even now, while posting a bunch of pictures of me wearing a bodycon dress. It takes a very specific body type (and a few stiff cocktails for confidence) to pull off such a figure-hugging dress. While I love this dress, and will definitely wear it again — (I mean the ruffles and the color are just too good) I am not sure that I will buy another bodycon dress anytime soon. Especially not for a dinner event, haha.
Also, these photos were shot inside — a Clarabelle first! We were visiting my in-laws in upstate NY and it was snowing! I love you all, but I wasn’t going to stand outside in the snow in this dress. So forgive the slightly yellow hue on the photos.
Shoes: Steve Madden | Dress: Asos
So I feel like I might have accidentally pulled this skirt up just a hair too high. These photos kind of make me laugh as a result.
Shoes: J.Crew Outlet | Skirt: J. Crew Factory similar | Sweater: Asos | Blazer: J. Crew