A funny thing happened on the way to Melrose Place

<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blogg/904129/clarabelle?claim=ra9n2x6d5e6″>Follow my blog with bloglovin</a>

On August 22, 2009, on the the corner of Melrose Place and Melrose Ave. a terrible thing occured. Describing it with words seems a moot point. I will show you with pictures.

Slide1

Never in all my days have I witnessed a premier where E V E R Y O N E looked bad. Lawd!

Slide1

ha4sat5m3tmnAnimal prints are already a risky statement on the red (er, blue) carpet. However, when you add short, sparkly, tight, and red to the mix, there will inevitably be a problem. Ashlee looks wonderful given that she just had a baby. But this dress is actually kind of scary. Maybe a little to “wild” for my liking (corny joke, I know).

Slide1

f0jjbegwh8atI wonder why such a gorgeous girl chose to wear a pleather dress to a premier. She looks like some kind of degenerate super hero. Unfortunately, we are aren’t the ones who need saving. Jessica, dahlin’, you aren’t a big star yet. First impressions do count. This impression was terrible. Better luck next time.

Slide1

14o1yyz9xp7aThere is a simple explanation for what is going on here. This dress is actually incomplete. The designer wasn’t able to put a liner in it before the premier. However, Katie doesn’t mind. Wearing a completely see-through dress is totally fine with her. Ain’t no thing, ya’ll! Also, is it just me or does this dress remind you of a style that was very popular in the mid 90’s. The blue sparkles, the platform heels a la Spice Girls, and that silver clutch straight from Claire’s Boutique. Ahhh, the nostalgia…

Slide1

ix5dnx3midu9I am willing to ignore Kelly’s orange skin and somewhat ill-fated tailoring job for just a moment. For an event as fashionably catastrophic as this a little touch of class goes a long way. Kelly gives us all a breath of fresh air with this gorgeous white get up.

Viva La Class, Ya’ll!

Whew, now that that’s over, we can all move on. The wonderful Keith from The Dino Lounge gave me an awsome award! He is definitely one of my favorite bloggers, so this was quite an honor. Please do check out his blog.

3840238800_4a38685dc8_oI would like to give this award to:

Ocean Dreams

Shoes from around the Globe

Extra Dressing on the Side

The Beauty File

Hi Fashion

I am continually amazed by the talent of my fellow fashion bloggers. You A L L  are thebomb.com!

Happy Sunday!

**All images in this post are courtesy of Fotoglif**

• Reply Couture Carrie August 23, 2009 at 5:28 pm

This post is hysterical!! You are so right about those first three gals… what?? The only one I can semi-tolerate is the third dress but that’s only because I’m obsessed with asymmetry right now. Bravo for a fab post, darling!

xoxox,
    CC

• Reply thesydneygirl August 23, 2009 at 6:49 pm

i agree! they could have come up with something better – oh well! mwaa
    x

• Reply Girl with the bow tie August 23, 2009 at 9:24 pm

HAHA. I love this post. I love looking at red carpet pictures, and I agree that this really isn’t up to par. My favourite is Ashlee Simpson’s — “There’s no such thing as a red zebra”? Love it! Great post!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
    girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

• Reply Leia August 23, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Thank you for the award, darling! <3

I totally agree with all you have posted… I love it when you do these types of posts! 😛

• Reply Holly J August 24, 2009 at 7:42 am

Hahahaha…and a ha- there is no such things as a red zebra.

• Reply Keith August 24, 2009 at 10:28 am

You are right about those dresses. Yikes. None appeal to me at all. You are very welcome about the award. Your blog definitely deserves it. I love checking it out. I’m so glad you enjoy my blog too. Cheers!

• Reply Cafe Fashionista August 24, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Despite the numerous fashion faux pas, I am completely convinced that I am going to adore this show – it is destined to be my new guilty pleasure. How do I know this? Well, when I was eight-years-old, I used to watch the original without anyone ever knowing. Quite scandalous for an elementary schooler’s eyes! 🙂

• Reply Clare August 24, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Hahaha! What a scandal you are, dahlin!

• Reply Kristin August 24, 2009 at 1:17 pm

Hmmm, I don’t hate the last dress but a lining would have been nice. The shoes with it however. Eeeeek.

• Reply yuka August 24, 2009 at 3:14 pm

lol what a funny post! but i think ashlee takes the cake for the worst dressed on this one.

• Reply LiLu August 24, 2009 at 3:22 pm

Katie’s hair looks nice.

And that is the ONLY good thing I can say about ANY of these.

• Reply Ela August 24, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Aw, Clarebear…c’mon you must’ve known that was coming 🙂 Congratulations on the award, hon! And thank you – the feeling is definitely mutual!

Star light, star bright…you forgot star [tr]wreck…

Hope you had a lovely weekend, missy. xx

• Reply Lexie August 24, 2009 at 5:08 pm

I kind of like katie cassidy’s look … too bad it’s see- through!

• Reply Sierra August 24, 2009 at 6:28 pm

Thanks for the award love, you are too sweet! Can’t believe those outfits, they are really baaaad! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! XO

• Reply Gerri Ward August 24, 2009 at 7:34 pm

OMG! THANK YOU ! ! !
    This means the world to me because it comes from someone sooo FAB!- YOU!
    WOW! I’m actually on Cloud 9 and that’s no exaggeration!
    p.s. I solely agree Kelly minus the Orange skin looks GORGEOUS!:)

• Reply S.Elisabeth August 24, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Ooh…-cringes-. That is pretty terrible. I agree. Hm… Ashlee’s outfit would look totally hott if 1) it were black instead of red and 2) her hair was a natural color.
    Jessica’s dress, if not made of pleather, would actually be quite cute…
    And Katie actually looks nice. The dress is kind of two trends: Balmain’s strong shoulder & one sleeved. If she had toned down the make up and hair considerably, I think it could have worked.
    and congrats on your award!

• Reply Sherin August 25, 2009 at 6:46 am

Ahhhh: those pictures are quite scary! That leather dress is a complete No-no.

Thanks for the award!!! It seriously means the world to us at HiFashion!

• Reply Allison August 25, 2009 at 10:18 pm

That last person isn’t Kelly Clarkson! Looks nothing like her! Is there another Kelly Clarkson that I’m unaware of?

• Reply Clare August 25, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Lol no, I dunno if her last name is Carlson or Clarlson, it is spelled both ways, But I took the spelling off of fotoglif… so don’t blame me haha