Wait, is this a joke?

Imagine for a moment you are 16 (if you are currently 16, then just imagine you are you). You are a celebrity and you have a hit show called Gossip Girl that people like to watch. The show has made you a lot of money and made you quite a star; so naturally, you are invited to attend Fashion Week events.

You spend the day primping and preparing your outfit. You are thrilled that at such a young age, you have accomplished so much! Finally, you make your debut…

68100_Taylor_Momsen_perfoms_during_

Hurray! There you are… Shoot!! You forgot to wear pants, button your shirt correctly or take off yesterday’s makeup. But that doesn’t stop you from showcasing your teenage body to the world by singing a song.

68162_Taylor_Momsen_perfoms_during_

*Sing-a-sing-siiing* That was fun, eh? Now it is time to cover up before you head into the tents. So you slip on something a bit more conservative.

69522_taylor-momsen-at-fashion-week

There! That’s better. A leather jacket. I mean shoot, you aren’t even legal yet, you can’t go around showing dirty old men your bra for crying out loud!

69540_taylor-momsen-at-fashion-week

Now you wait for the show to start. You can hardly contain your excitement! You can barely stop smiling as you think about how privileged you are to be at an event so monumental. If only that stupid draft would stop freezing your pants-less little butt off.

Gosh, 16… what a charmed age!

all photos are from Fashionising.

p.s. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway

• Reply Ela September 16, 2009 at 9:39 pm

LOL, I think the person next to her in that last photo is very weary of removing her hand from her leg. Pretty sure she doesn’t want to brush up against any of that.

I think she’s still trying to find her style. Hopefully it comes to her soon. And includes pants.

• Reply Erin B September 16, 2009 at 9:40 pm

OMG this was just the reading material I needed. I can go to bed now. Goodnight!!!

• Reply thebeautyfile September 16, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Gross. Seriously, you know I love me some GG, but Tayls, you’re starting to resemble Avril Lavigne, and that was never a good thing. C- you crack me up to no end.

• Reply Keith September 16, 2009 at 10:21 pm

You really had me cracking up. I was laughing so hard. She really needs some serious help.

• Reply thefatandskinny September 16, 2009 at 10:59 pm

yea she is hot mess

• Reply Liz September 16, 2009 at 11:26 pm

Bahahaha. You narrated this perfectly. Watch out little J, you’re still not queen bee material. xoxo.

• Reply Leia September 16, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Oh, goodness me. I suppose it’s better that she’s making these mistakes at a young age rather than in her 20s?

• Reply Nubiasnonsense September 17, 2009 at 12:54 am

lol funny post, I might be the first to say it but I actually like the messy look lol go figure.

• Reply Kristin September 17, 2009 at 1:07 am

EEK. I’m slightly scared to have a daughter.

• Reply Shiri September 17, 2009 at 3:08 am

Aww what happened to the darling Cindy Lou Who. She’s pretending to be all grown up.

• Reply Gerri Ward September 17, 2009 at 4:23 am

OMG! Clare YOU are solely HILARIOUS !
    What the CRAP was she thinking, FASHION maybe?

• Reply Sherin September 17, 2009 at 5:12 am

God, you’d think she’d have proper stylists helping her prepare what to wear. I know we all make fashion mistakes, but I doubt anyone goes that far. And you’re right, she really should be smiling. I’d be red from excitement if I got to go to any of the big Fashion Week events.

• Reply S.Elisabeth September 17, 2009 at 6:33 am

Ughhh she looked so cute before.
    And then she looked kinda cool with her edgy hair (once it grew out of that mullet phase).
    And I just knew once she got those really bad look extensions that her style would just plummet to flat out trashy. And she’s younger than me! =( Appreciate what you’ve got, Taylor!!

• Reply becky September 17, 2009 at 7:18 am

oh my what happened to her ? i used to like her ! arrghhh . say no to those sexy hotty outfits !

• Reply Holly J September 17, 2009 at 7:50 am

That girl looks a hot mess!

• Reply Stéphanie September 17, 2009 at 9:53 am

Oh ! so funny post !

• Reply hauteworld September 17, 2009 at 10:38 am

I think this is just her way of being rebellious, especially as she’s a rock musician who wants to be taken seriously and probably doesn’t really want to be lumped in with Blake and Leighton, despite the fact GG is what made her famous. I would have opted for proper pants though, but seeing as she’s wearing sequined panties to match that belt of a skirt (or perhaps that really is a belt), she probably thinks it’s enough.

• Reply Couture Carrie September 17, 2009 at 11:52 am

I don’t know, call me crazy, but she’s making it work!

xoxox,
    CC

• Reply KIRAFASHION September 17, 2009 at 2:20 pm

I love the post and I think she is brave to wear almost nothing at these events…it´s not for everyone…However, I rather wear pants, instead of nothing like she did…

• Reply Eva Internazionale September 17, 2009 at 4:12 pm

The worst thing is that she looks really uncomfortable.

• Reply Megan September 17, 2009 at 5:01 pm

Oh my god. Why did they let her out like that..

• Reply Tiffany September 17, 2009 at 6:11 pm

I think the no pants and garter is a bit too much for anyone regardless of age but geez, doesn’t she have adults around her that can tell her not to dress like that?

• Reply Nadia September 17, 2009 at 8:34 pm

ugh this is kind of gross. why would she wear that to fashion week!

• Reply Marta September 18, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Such a pretty girl… such an ugly style! Her mom should ground her for dressing like a hooker!

• Reply Taylor Momsen: You’re Halfway There! « Clarabelle October 27, 2009 at 8:29 pm

[…] is doing just that. She wants to be a rocker chick, but half the time she ends up looking like she just got robbed. However, Taylor seems to be finding a way to give her look that rocker edge and still look […]