Totally tired of jeans, ya’ll

I am trapped in a sea of insipid fashion.

Insipid, thy name is  blue jeans.

For the past 20-something years, jeans have been my go-to item for casual legwear/pants/bottoms/etc. I had an epiphany last weekend when I looked around me and saw that everyone else had on jeans, too.

I am now, officially, bored with jeans.

But what else can I wear that isn’t a skirt, dress, or leggings??

Why does casual have to equal jeans? I’m bored! I don’t care if they are dark, medium or (heaven forbid) light wash… baggy, skinny, boyfriend, straight leg, boot cut….. they are all boring, repetitive and I need something new, something chic, and something to spice up my casual wardrobe.

Designers? Do you hear me? It is time for a new fashion invention. A new era of go-to legwear!

Okay, I am done complaining now….

Photo by Annie Leibovitz | December 2009 Vogue

• Reply Julia November 16, 2009 at 10:48 pm

girl i had this same epiphany Saturday night, immediately took off my jeans and went to a lumberjack party in a plaid shirt and leggings…it was hot if i do say so myself!

• Reply Julia November 16, 2009 at 10:48 pm

• Reply Keith November 16, 2009 at 11:19 pm

I’m tired of jeans myself. They seem to be all I wear whether I’m at home, work or play. Hope your week started off well. Take care. Cheers!

• Reply Keith November 16, 2009 at 11:19 pm

• Reply Yvonne November 16, 2009 at 11:26 pm

lol your crack me up. love the photo … clever!

• Reply Yvonne November 16, 2009 at 11:26 pm

lol your crack me up. love the photo … clever!

• Reply Yvonne November 16, 2009 at 11:26 pm

*you!

• Reply Yvonne November 16, 2009 at 11:26 pm

*you!

• Reply bananas. November 17, 2009 at 1:30 am

sick of jeans?!? GASP, NOOOOOOOOO!!!

well i’m sick of leggings so where do we go from here…

• Reply Nubiasnonsense November 17, 2009 at 2:01 am

lol I love leggings I barely use jeans anymore.. Have you seen jeggings? I wonder what they will think of next

• Reply Nubiasnonsense November 17, 2009 at 2:01 am

• Reply Stéphanie November 17, 2009 at 3:41 am

Another lovely post Clare ! I love reading you everyday !

• Reply Sherin November 17, 2009 at 5:38 am

I did have a similar epiphany over the summer and so I spent the last few months in skirts and dresses. But its cold these days, so I’ve switched back to my denim. But I agree, we need a new legwear invention.

• Reply Sherin November 17, 2009 at 5:38 am

• Reply fhen November 17, 2009 at 9:47 am

i think i love leggings more than jeans

• Reply Couture Carrie November 17, 2009 at 9:50 am

How about black jeggings instead??

xoxox,
    CC

• Reply Couture Carrie November 17, 2009 at 9:50 am

How about black jeggings instead??

xoxox,
    CC

• Reply B* a la Moda November 17, 2009 at 10:35 am

You can wear those training suits like the Juicy Couture ones…. I understand what you mean. You know, maybe try baggy pants too.

xoxo
    B* a la Moda

• Reply Artistic Soul November 17, 2009 at 11:23 am

I don’t think I could live without jeans!

• Reply Leia November 17, 2009 at 11:33 am

Haha, I totally agree! You could wear cropped trousers, or just normal trousers… there’s a huge variety! I got bored of jeans ages ago and hardly wear them, now. I know how everyone says they’re comfortable but I actually find them really uncomfortable! I live in skirts, dresses, and leggings 🙂

• Reply Leia November 17, 2009 at 11:33 am

• Reply ash fox November 17, 2009 at 11:38 am

i so agree. i’m sick of jeans myself. i got so used to the slick, smoothness of leggings that jeans feel stiff and uncomfortable.

• Reply ash fox November 17, 2009 at 11:38 am

• Reply Liz November 17, 2009 at 12:56 pm

I’m just going to start wearing slutty sequined dresses not suitable for daytime like Serena Vanderwoodsen.

• Reply kirafashion November 17, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I am with you :))))
    Today, denim pants is my last option….

• Reply Megan November 17, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Totally love what you did with the photo, made me laugh! And I know what you mean about jeans, I try and stay away as much as I can. Hello endless skirts/shorts/dresses/ANYTHING 🙂

• Reply Megan November 17, 2009 at 2:12 pm

• Reply Jaime November 17, 2009 at 3:16 pm

While I am not sick of jeans, leggings are my real go-to pant these days!

• Reply Gerri Ward November 17, 2009 at 3:27 pm

OMG! I’m bored too with jeans! I am sooo HAPPY to be back in the blogosphere because I have missed your posts due to working two jobs since my permanent job cut my hours in half! Anyway, I know it sounds crazy but I luv to wear white jeans in the cold months instead of blue and black ones!
    p.s. I do luv wearing leggings not only are they fashionably fab but they’re comfty!:))
    xoxox,
    Gerri

• Reply christin November 17, 2009 at 4:07 pm

leggings, yay! jeans, eh. jeggings?!?! NO. just… no.

try a jumpsuit 🙂

• Reply christin November 17, 2009 at 4:07 pm

leggings, yay! jeans, eh. jeggings?!?! NO. just… no.

try a jumpsuit 🙂

• Reply S.Elisabeth November 17, 2009 at 6:35 pm

I think pants in the style of Katherine Hepburn would be amazing. They always seemed so flowy and comfortable and perfect. If I could get my hands on a few similar pairs, I too would kiss my jeans goodbye!

• Reply Chris Rickman November 17, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Might I put my hand in the air for something khaki or has it been retired for the season?

• Reply Ela November 18, 2009 at 3:00 am

It’s hard to get out of the jean rut. I notice when I wear them most of the week when I finally put on a skirt or a dress I feel like I’m not wearing any bottoms, yeah…I’m like glancing down all day to make sure I’m actually fully dressed…

• Reply Holly J November 18, 2009 at 11:47 am

Black dress pants-my jean alternative. You can get them in just as many styles as jeans (well, almost as many), and they go with everything, and are just a tad bit more chic.

• Reply Holly J November 18, 2009 at 11:47 am