A Portrait of Clarabelle

My 5-year-old cousin drew a photo of me that was just too sweet not to share with the masses.

Yesterday, she interviewed me for a school project. She asked me various questions like “What’s your favorite color?”. I responded pink (of course) and she delighted by saying “Oooooh that is my favorite color, too!”. Then she asked me what I was good at. I said writing, singing, and before I could name another thing I was quickly interrupted with “Oh, ‘writing’ is enough, thanks.” Needless to say, it was one hilarious interview.

Below is the photo she drew of me to accompany the interview.

“Clare” by Zoe

So cute, right? I LOVE my outfit. She even included heels on my feet. And my crazy hair is spot-on. She knows me far too well. Thanks little Zoe-bird!

This is a photo of us at Halloween last weekend. She was a pink peacock!

• Reply Antonia November 7, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Haha, what a fun post! Children of this age can be so clever and funny sometimes=) My brother is 7 and he does things like that all the time!
    You are such a great cousin=) I love the picture of you together, but not as much as I adore the painting of you! You should really save it and show it to her when she grows up=)

• Reply perfectperfectionist November 7, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Ahh that’s the cutest! I love that she put heels in your picture. My niece is also cute, we once turned up to a family do both wearing sequins, and she was beside herself with happiness.

• Reply Pretty Coveted November 7, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Too cute!!! Both of you, of course:-)…And you’re quite right about your obvious talent – writing. I love stopping by to see what you have to say!
    -Carla

• Reply B* a la Moda November 8, 2010 at 2:13 am

She is really cute!!!! She looks like you. What an special drawing.

xoxo
    B* a la Moda

• Reply CinZilicious November 8, 2010 at 3:12 am

Awwww…how sweet!!!These are surely those precious moments with the little ones:D and i love her peacock outfit, its so sparkly!!!

I gotta say, kids drawings are just the purest and most natural. i remember i used to put heels in my drawings too, lol too cute!

Cinz

• Reply Sherin November 8, 2010 at 4:25 am

That is such a cute picture!!!
    And the photo is the most adorable thing ever! You both look so fantastic and love her head to toe pink outfit.

• Reply cupcake November 8, 2010 at 10:36 am

I love this post!! I get those drawings too, aren’t they the best! You must save that or frame it. You are both adorable.
    cupcake

• Reply Cafe Fashionista November 8, 2010 at 11:28 am

Gah! Clare you and Zoe are truly cuteness personified! LOVE this picture of the two of you! And Zoe’s illustration is adorbs!! 🙂

• Reply Leia November 8, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Kids are the sweetest! I love her interpretation of you and how funny that she cut you off before you could list anything else you were good at! 😛

• Reply Jaime November 8, 2010 at 2:12 pm

How adorable! my little cousin always makes me things- i love it 🙂

• Reply Milla November 8, 2010 at 3:14 pm

She’s so pink and cute!! Lovely drawing – very chic red skirt 🙂

• Reply Susu Paris Chic November 8, 2010 at 3:18 pm

You two are so cute! And do go on lovin’ pink, sweet gals, I join you!

• Reply Sabine November 8, 2010 at 3:48 pm

She’s the cutest pink peacock! Love her interviewing style. xoxo

• Reply vivalaqbee03 November 8, 2010 at 6:20 pm

how cute! she looks like your mini-me lol

• Reply Stylista November 8, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Aww! How sweet! I wish I had a younger sister/brother, or cousins younger than me. Btw, both of you look great in that photo. Cute boots!

• Reply Rick December 9, 2010 at 11:26 am

How in the world did I miss this post??? Oh my goodness…warms my heart to no end. Adorable adorable adorable!!! thanks for sharing, Clare!