Love or Fug? Wide Leg Pants

So it looks as though our beloved skinny jeans have been retired. This fall, it is all about wide leg pants and bell bottomed jeans. So tell me, are you loving these wide-legged trousers? Or do you think they are totally fug?

Bloggers Wardrobe Update

First, I want to thank everyone who supported me and voted for me to be a part of the Blogger’s Wardrobe — especially my fantastic fiance, my sweet baby sister, my dear friend Kyle and numerous other amazing people who spread the word. Thanks to your efforts I finished the contest in THIRD PLACE — out of over 150 bloggers!! Literally AMAZING, y’all!

However, when the Blogger’s Wardrobe reps picked the top ten winners out of their twenty finalists, I wasn’t selected.

So, er, despite the fact that I finished in third place, I didn’t make the top ten winners list. I still can’t wrap my mind around the logic of that, but whatever the Blogger’s Wardrobe can suck it are still such nice people.

Anyway, thanks EVERYONE for your support! You guys ROCK! We are third place losers!! WOOOOTT!

photos via fashionising

• Reply Bonnie (@GlamKitten88) September 19, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I love wide-leg pants on other people. I hate them on myself. I think I am too short, and my legs are too baby tiny to pull them off, which is horribly sad because they really are awesome.

Twitter: @GlamKitten88

• Reply Claresmom September 19, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Bloggers Wardrobe must use the same accountants that the Federal Government use. Their loss!!
    Wide leg pants are great up to a point. I love them a la Lauren Bacall but I don’t like bell bottoms at all.

• Reply Monique September 19, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I think wide leg pants are MUCH better than bell bottoms, so I’m a fan!

• Reply Serendipity Vintage (@SerendipityVint) September 19, 2011 at 8:48 pm

LOVE! I prefer these to skinny jeans as they are more elegant and feminine.

• Reply Emily September 19, 2011 at 9:21 pm

the wide leg pants are okay by me! I think they bring a whole new sophistication to fashion.

• Reply g2-e3d5b59a974c4ed11a792d7b09b468c5 September 19, 2011 at 11:32 pm

So what’s the point of us voting if they pick whoever they want anyways. Sounds like they’re using bloggers for free advertising.

• Reply Cafe Fashionista September 20, 2011 at 8:42 am

I’m a shorty (5’1 barefoot); thus, I LOVE them on tall girls, but totally dislike them on myself.

P.S. Congratulations on finishing third! That is amazing news, Calre – I’m so happy for you!! 🙂

• Reply Cafe Fashionista September 20, 2011 at 8:43 am

*Clare

• Reply B. in the Know September 20, 2011 at 9:28 am

I think the wide legs look good on some, but for those of us that have a little more curve, they are not the greatest for a gals thighs.
    Much love,
    B

• Reply Paulina September 20, 2011 at 11:45 am

So gorgeous photos <3

• Reply Victoria September 20, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Wide leg pants look great on tall, lean girls or on girls who largest asset is not their behind. 😉 Wide leg was not meant for me; however, I do often try them on when I go shopping. Always a fail.

• Reply beba September 20, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I like skinny jeans but wide pants are cool thing too.

I cheer up myself with thinking that am I too original for BW anyway 😉 And so are you! Hehe.
    It’s fun to read your blog, so it’s going into my google reader.

Peace and love!

• Reply Sherin September 20, 2011 at 5:53 pm

It took me forever to get into skinny jeans and I’m predicting the same with these. They look good on some people, just not sure on myself.

• Reply Krissy September 21, 2011 at 11:22 am

I don’t mind wide leg pants. It’s flared pants that do me in. Get those things away from me!

Sorry to hear you didn’t get in. 🙁 That’s some weird ass logic if you came in 3rd but didn’t get picked.

• Reply Oh to Be a Muse September 21, 2011 at 1:44 pm

i can’t really wrap my mind around that either–doesn’t seem to make much sense. but congrats on getting far!

and i like wide leg pants, but maybe not for me.

• Reply Englishvers September 22, 2011 at 12:35 am

Congratulations on third place, my lovely.
    At least you cam ein third;-)

• Reply HairGurl September 22, 2011 at 4:18 am

I don’t understand that either! : If you came in 3rd place you should have been chosen. Wasn’t that the whole point of the contest??? Baffling. -K.D.

• Reply Leah October 11, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Don’t worry bloggers wardrobe is apart of a huge scam and it has something to do with this new Pneumonia White “blogger”– and I use that term losely. This blogger sprung up over night by spamming every blogger and magazine in the business. I am associate editor of an online fashion magazine and have received several spam e-mails from her regarding her blog and demanding to add her on facebook. These are all out of the blue mind you. I have never met her in my life. I believe she is a made up marketing ploy like lonelygirl15 was on youtube.

This forum also has several bloggers with the same scam e-mails http://getoffmyinternets.net/gomi-forum/stay-on-my-internets/pneumonia-white/