Golden Globe Recap

I only have one thing to comment on regarding the Golden Globes (Mostly because I didn’t watch them. Sorry.)

So this chic, called Shailene Woodley, gave the fashion industry a collective heart attack when she showed up at a Golden Globes after party wearing those fancy-pants-toe-shoes that are usually reserved for running. But Shailene doesn’t care about what people think! She only cares about the health of her feet, legs and back and the ability to make a fast getaway. So Shailene wore her toe shoes with a gown (HOLY shoot!).

Everyone was all like, “Omgah, I can’t believe  she did that!! She is a HORRIBLE human!!” But I was like, I love this girl. She is a badass and I would like to shake her hand. Here is why:

• It isn’t like she wore her toe shoes for the ENTIRE night. She wore her heels to the important event. Then she slipped into the  sensible shoes she  stashed in her purse for the after party — and don’t try to pretend you don’t change into flats for after parties, too, girrrrl.
  • Sure, the toe shoes might be ugly. But they aren’t any uglier than these. And people went gaga (no pun intended) over these ridiculous horse shoes.
  • That after party carpet isn’t even red. It is blue!  So, in my opinion, all bets are off. You can wear whatever shoes you want on a blue carpet.
  • She helps me feel better about myself for ALWAYS changing into flats (even before I leave my house). Heels are the devil’s torture ramps, after all. So if I can avoid wearing them, I will.

Go Shailene!

• Reply Emily January 17, 2012 at 10:25 pm

OH MY GOD thank you for posting this! All of my friends think that is so weird and I think she’s so cool for wearing those! Her awesome factor just jumped like 1000 points!

• Reply Claresmom January 17, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I love people who are confident enough to rate comfort over fashion. Those horrendous snakeskin shoes look like bizarre boxing gloves for feet. Utterly unhealthy, unattractive, and uncomfortable looking. Well done Shailene!! Who cares what you wear under a gown anyway as long as you wear the gown well.

• Reply Toni Yvonne January 17, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I really appreciate her doing this, not so much because I don;t wear heels… i do.. almost religiously. Its more for the fact she has the confidence and the strength to show women its okay if your feet hurt~

x

• Reply Anastasia January 18, 2012 at 3:00 am

If they aren’t hurting, they aren’t working!!! 😉 We have a pair of those at home.. Now we just need to get some runners! 😉

• Reply Leia January 18, 2012 at 4:01 am

Yay! She looks fab AND comfortable. Heels hate my feet, so I can totally understand wanting to change into flats.

• Reply Hazel January 18, 2012 at 8:38 am

she has got to have a lot of guts to do that!!! go girl!!! 🙂

• Reply This Is Olessia January 18, 2012 at 10:33 am

wooow lovely blog 😀

• Reply rhulth January 18, 2012 at 11:06 am

I agree with you! It took some balls to actually do that and I mean why not? Instead of doing like a lot of other girls to – myself included – torture themselves to death on the dance floor in heels, wishing they would’ve put on their flats. I’ve become much better at this and while I wouldn’t have gone with the toe shoes, it’s a good idea. Go Shailene! 🙂

• Reply Paulina January 18, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Great post!;)

• Reply CinZilicious January 19, 2012 at 10:43 pm

hahahahaha….i love this post, so funny! those comfy fancy-pants-toe-shoes (is that the real term or you made it up?!?!!? lol) are soo funny looking. But yes, heels can kills our poor feet so i totally dont blame her. At least she rocked it on the red carpet right?!

Totally agree, those alexander mcqueen armadillo shoes are hideous, despite them being sooo popular amongst celebrities. i remember seeing Lady Gaga wearig them in her “Monster” MV and i was like what the beep??? lol

Quite post,love your funny approach to introduce the GG awards!
    Cinz

• Reply CinZilicious January 19, 2012 at 10:43 pm

i mean Great post!!! haha

• Reply beba January 25, 2012 at 9:07 am

Clare, you win! 😀

• Reply alice June 3, 2014 at 2:02 pm

this would have been cool if she didnt have ridiculous views on femnists