Showdown: Stripes vs. Dots!

Last night, I got to thinking. What is better? Stripes OR Polka Dots?

I know, I know. Shameful that this is what I think about — and during an election year no less! For shame!

But I really wanted to take a poll. So here we go…

Stripes

VERSUS…

Polka Dots

This lady is wear dots AND stripes!

Which one do you prefer??

photos via fashionising and tumblr

• Reply moniquealexandria April 12, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Dots are flattering on everyone. Stripes have limitations, and don’t always scream “cute” like dots 🙂

• Reply Sarah @ Shades of Sarah April 12, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I really love both!

Funny story though. My roommate went to this all-girls Catholic school on LI. At the beginning of freshman year, they sort the girls into stripes & dots, almost like sororities. There are legacies and everything. And every spring there’s a HUGE stripes vs. dots field day thing. It’s a big deal and a big rivalry. And my roomie still refuses to wear dots because of it, and we’re in college.

• Reply Serendipity Vintage & Handmade April 13, 2012 at 12:16 am

Polka dots! There’s no contest. 😉

• Reply The Daily Fashionista April 13, 2012 at 12:50 am

I’m a stripes girl all the way! One time about a year ago, I opened a drawer and realized that 90% of my blouses had stripes Lol, I decided to donate some.

• Reply Ciiku April 13, 2012 at 3:02 am

Polka Dots for the win!

• Reply Sherin Malick (@HiFashionSherin) April 13, 2012 at 9:54 am

I love them both so much! Maybe polka dots a bit more though!

• Reply Claresmom April 13, 2012 at 10:05 am

Stripes!!

• Reply CinZilicious April 13, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Agree with Sherin, love both them as much but if i had to pick, it’s stripes. They’re so much more versatile in my opinion.
    Cinz

• Reply Paulina April 14, 2012 at 10:36 am

I love stripes and dots! <3

• Reply Karolina April 15, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I love both, have exactly one dress with stripes and one with dots! (But I have to say I wear the one with stripes more often.. so stripes!

• Reply Sia May 3, 2012 at 4:00 am

I love the striped sparkly top with the gold skirt. Too cute!