To the Country Club!

preppy blazer 2Have y’all seen that  Tommy Hilfiger commercial where everyone is all dressed up in their most preppy duds and they are dancing around at what appears to be a moderately fun house party? Yea, well I am hoping this outfit will gain me admission to that moderately fun party. Then, in the morning, I will  meet Daphne at the Club to nurse my hangover with a bloody Mary brunch. After brunch I will put on my tennis whites and pretend to play tennis, but really I will just sit on the Club’s south-view veranda and drink more.

Back to reality, you can tell by these photos that my hair is CRAZY dry (it gets that way sometimes — esp in the winter). I am going to try my first at-home protein treatment today. So I will let you know how it goes!

preppy blazer

preppy blazer 3Shoes: Shabby Apple | Jeans: J. Crew | Jacket: Zara (old) | Sweater: Brooks Brothers (similar here)| Shirt: J. Crew | Necklace: Macy’s

• Reply mollystillman December 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm

favorite. ever. i love this!

• Reply Sherin Malick (@HiFashionSherin) December 5, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I love the Tommy Hilfiger ads. I want to be part of that family! You’d fit in perfectly. I love the preppy look on you!

• Reply Rachel Ashley December 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I love the blazer! Preppy is my fave! Also, love the checkered top!

Rachel Ashley

• Reply Ingrid December 5, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Very “ladies who lunch at the country club”. Love this look on you!

• Reply Rebecca Lately December 5, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Gorgeous! New reader here :) I found you via Pinterest.

• Reply Kel Cadet December 5, 2012 at 8:22 pm

super cute. My hair get crazy dry in the winter too, so I turn to avocado oil masks or straight avocado masks. ( mash up the avocado until it is super creamy mix with olive/avocado oil and put on your hair. leave it on for 30min-1hour) and rinse well.

• Reply Clare December 5, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Omg THANKS for the tip!!! That is amazing!!!

• Reply Kel Cadet December 6, 2012 at 9:51 am

No prob!!! Hope it works out! Try the mask when the hub isn’t home! My hub totally gave me the side eyes! :)

• Reply Jen @ Librarian for Life and Style December 5, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Oooh, loving this look. Houndstooth, gingham, and cable knit? Yes, please! 😀

• Reply MOSAMUSE December 5, 2012 at 10:26 pm

cute outfit!!

• Reply CinZilicious December 5, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Loving the preppy look, Clare!!! esp the blazer. I liked how you described the tommy hilfiger house party and saying you will put on tennis whites and pretend to play tennis but you’re really gonna drink some more. You crack me up girl!! lol…but yes i love the Tommy Hilfiger ads, very American, hehe

p.s. aren’t you cold? should be freezing over there by now, no???

• Reply respect the shoes December 5, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I have to pin your look today – you look layered to perfection!

• Reply BunnyMySweet (@BunnyMySweet) December 6, 2012 at 1:15 am

Super cute! Can’t wait to hear about the hair treatment results!
    ( /)
    ( . .)

• Reply Leia December 6, 2012 at 7:43 am

Coconut oil on the hair is my winter savior!

• Reply Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur December 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I can’t decide if this makes me think country club or hot professor. Either way, you’re winning! That blazer is killing it.

Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

• Reply joyandsunshine December 16, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Hilarious! I’m trying to decide which I love more: the outfit or the story/life that goes with it! Sometimes TH ads read as a “how to wear as many layers as humanly possible” tutorial to me, but I always add them to my “fashion inspiration” pile.

• Reply Freezing Fists | Clarabelle December 19, 2012 at 9:00 am