Look to the West

layered button downsWhen I was going back through this particular shoot to select photos, I noticed that in 99% of the photos I am looking in one direction. So apologies in advance that all of these photos look the same.

Also, this is the first time I have layered button downs. Turned out pretty good, in my humble opinion.layered button down

layered button downFlats: J.Crew Factory (similar here) | Jeans: Zara | Shirts: J.Crew

• Reply missflamboyante December 11, 2012 at 9:14 am

Hey, I just stumbled over your blog – your style is gorgeous! Find me on : http://www.theflamboyante.com – thanks!

• Reply BunnyMySweet (@BunnyMySweet) December 11, 2012 at 9:44 am

Love the layers, cute hair do!

• Reply Rebecca Lately December 11, 2012 at 9:47 am

I love it :) I’ll have to try layering button-ups now!

• Reply Rachel Ashley December 11, 2012 at 12:58 pm

You look darling as usual! I love the layered button down shirts! Plaid is one of my fave things! Also, love the pin!
    Rachel Ashley

• Reply Ingrid December 11, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Love this look on you, so chic! Any hair tutorials in the near future? Love your hairstyle too!

• Reply Cory Scott December 11, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Love your preppy looks! :-)

Cheers, Cory.

• Reply Refined & Polished December 11, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Love this layered look!

• Reply Dots & Stripes December 11, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Oh my, just discovered your blog!!!!! I can only say how disappointed I am to have been missing out for so long! Your outfits are absolutely ADORABLE! You have an amazing sense of style! And your photos?? Great photos that make me want to move to NYC! I veer on the side of preppy and these outfits/pictures make me swoon! :)

As for this post, I have been dying to try layering two button downs (bless those J. Crew sales associates!!) and this has further inspired me!!!

• Reply Clare December 11, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Thank you SO much!! Sweetest comment everrr!!

• Reply Sherin Malick (@HiFashionSherin) December 12, 2012 at 2:10 am

Love the denim on denim here. Looks great on you! And the plaid peeking out looks great.

• Reply Suzanne December 14, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I love the accessories here.

• Reply joyandsunshine December 16, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Love the double button-down! I’m going to have to try that.

• Reply mollystillman December 17, 2012 at 2:45 pm

you look amazing, clare!

• Reply How to double your winter wardrobe — for free | Clarabelle January 10, 2013 at 8:59 am

[…] just wear the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again¬†in new ways (See? I bet you didn’t notice how much I wore […]