Let’s make transitioning to Fall easier

Eight tips to help you transition into fall

Labor Day will be here before we know it. *Tear*. As we say goodbye to lazy beach days and summer Fridays, let us look forward to chunky scarves and cute boots. Here are a few tips to help transitioning into Fall easier.

1. First, use this list to buy things if you are itching to go shopping.
  2. Don’t chuck those sundresses! Pair then with opaque tights and a dark blazer for a look that’s perfect for cool Fall days.
  3. Embrace Fall colors. Don’t be afraid of browns, golds, reds and oranges. Especially in jewelry. I mean how cute is this burnt orange necklace or the matching bracelet? Perfect.
  4. Layer, layer, layer. Fall is all about layering. Those breezy button downs you wore all summer? Put a cozy sweater over them. I am also partial to wearing two button downs at once.
  5. Stock up on cute scarves, fun outerwear, and boots. Those items are Fall essentials. Once you have those, the rest kind of falls into place.
  6. Keep an all purpose jacket (like a nice denim jacket) at your desk. Fall weather can be a bit crazy, so be sure your look is always ready for the ever-changing temperatures.
  7. Invest in a statement cardigan. I recommend getting one with a bit of sparkle — as the weather cools down, you’ll need something to remind you of shining summer months.
  8. Pay attention to the fabric-to-skin ratio. It the summer, you can let it all hang out. In the Fall, you either show off your legs, or show off your arms. Not both. I usually like to go with arms. That way, if it gets chilly, you always have your emergency jacket.

Any other tips you would like to share? xo

• Reply The Bow Ho August 19, 2013 at 2:56 pm

This is super helpful, thanks!

• Reply Lisa - respect the shoes August 19, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I’m really digging the color burgundy for fall – I am waiting to get my nails done in rich berry hues.

• Reply Alyshea Surani August 20, 2013 at 3:05 pm

lovely!! http://www.alysheasurani.com

• Reply stapha charleme August 20, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Clare, I absolutely adore your blog! You have such terrific style, effortlessly classic, and oh so elegant – I just can’t wait to see what you post next! (You have got me hooked). And, thank you for the sweet comment 🙂

• Reply redtagcouture August 21, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Excellent tips and cute outfit. I suppose I’m going to need to embrace the fall. (How is the summer almost over?)

XO RTC

• Reply Beatrice August 23, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Clare!
    I just found your blog via pinterest. Your style is so cute & i’m sure I’ll be back for more! I actually went shopping for fall work clothes last night and I’m happy to say-*most* of the things I bought are on your list of reccomended fall staples. 🙂

Where oh where did you get the blazer that you’re sportin in the above pic? I love it!!
    Thanks,
    Bea

• Reply Clare August 24, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Hi Bea!

Welcome and thank you for the sweet compliments! I got the blazer from Zara. xo

• Reply Shay August 28, 2013 at 10:22 am

Great tips!!! Thank You!!!