Labor Day will be here before we know it. *Tear*. As we say goodbye to lazy beach days and summer Fridays, let us look forward to chunky scarves and cute boots. Here are a few tips to help transitioning into Fall easier.
- First, use this list to buy things if you are itching to go shopping.
- Don’t chuck those sundresses! Pair then with opaque tights and a dark blazer for a look that’s perfect for cool Fall days.
- Embrace Fall colors. Don’t be afraid of browns, golds, reds and oranges. Especially in jewelry. I mean how cute is this burnt orange necklace or the matching bracelet? Perfect.
- Layer, layer, layer. Fall is all about layering. Those breezy button downs you wore all summer? Put a cozy sweater over them. I am also partial to wearing two button downs at once.
- Stock up on cute scarves, fun outerwear, and boots. Those items are Fall essentials. Once you have those, the rest kind of falls into place.
- Keep an all purpose jacket (like a nice denim jacket) at your desk. Fall weather can be a bit crazy, so be sure your look is always ready for the ever-changing temperatures.
- Invest in a statement cardigan. I recommend getting one with a bit of sparkle — as the weather cools down, you’ll need something to remind you of shining summer months.
- Pay attention to the fabric-to-skin ratio. It the summer, you can let it all hang out. In the Fall, you either show off your legs, or show off your arms. Not both. I usually like to go with arms. That way, if it gets chilly, you always have your emergency jacket.
Any other tips you would like to share? xo