At home

ruffle sleevesSo it rained all weekend. The rain forced me to take pictures inside of my apartment. Something I don’t usually do. Also, I was forced to wedge myself into one corner of my living room where the light was the best. This was slightly awkward. The upside of this indoor shoot is you get a great view of my dad’s rose painting. You can also see a giant photo of my mother as a little kid. She is so cute. Oh and all my books. This is about a third of the books I own. When I grow up, I want a library. So I buy all the books. No kindle for me, people!

ruffle sleeves and a pencil skirt

pencil skirt and ruffle sleeves

pencil skirt styleblack skirt: Asos (similar) | Shoes: Nine West (not similar at all but love these) | Dress: worn as a top (on sale)

• Reply Steffi March 31, 2014 at 10:44 am

No Kindle for me either! Love the outfit, and the beautiful rose painting in the background! Can I wish for a post on your book collection, and some close-ups of the titles you have? 🙂
    Have a wonderful week!

• Reply Lori CG March 31, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Love the Roses – so lovely! Would love to see your take on a new way to do Black and White – more specifically I have a cute creamy short lace skirt – lost on how to pull it off with black! Thanks!

• Reply Life in a Shoe April 1, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Hi Claire,
    Could you please do a spring shopping list. I actually found the fall one really useful.
    Thanks!

• Reply Sherin Malick (@HiFashionSherin) April 1, 2014 at 4:07 pm

That rose painting is so pretty. And you’re looking great. I love the top.

• Reply Meenakshi April 2, 2014 at 2:16 am

Love this look and loved getting a peek inside your home! So much personality in one corner- the photos, that beautiful rose painting and your colourful bookshelf. I’m a book freak too- we just moved and we had 10 boxes of books! 5 mine, 4 hubby’s and 1 baby’s. I also want a home with a large sunny library at some point…no kindle or nook here, either :p

• Reply dreamzandclouds April 4, 2014 at 5:30 am

loved the Rose painting! And I am a paperback/hardcover girl too 🙂

• Reply Candice M. May 7, 2014 at 12:15 pm

so cute, love the color on top