I only have one good winter coat. Most people I know also only have a single winter coat. Coats are expensive. You can’t just go around buying parkas like they’re cheap Forever 21 sundresses. Choosing a winter coat can be daunting because you really only get one shot. Then it’s over and you are stuck with your choice for the season. You really need to pick a coat that is both warm and something you can see yourself loving long term. I selected a few of my favorites below.
- This coat is the stuff dreams are made of. Ruffles, faux fur, two color options, double breasted, gilded buttons. There isn’t anything about this coat that isn’t lovely.
- Despite being patterned, the chic black and white coloring makes this coat wearable and unique. I love how it’s oversized, but still has classic, clean lines.
- J.Crew is the queen of cool coats. Their Chateau parka comes in ten gorgeous colors. This parka is also one of the few coats that will keep you warm AND cute. Usually those two things don’t go well together.
- Everyone loves a fuzzy coat. This coat is the perfect blend of casual and upscale detailing.
- This coat is super cute, insanely cheap, and comes in multiple colors. While I don’t think it is warm enough to get you through winter, it is perfect to get now for holiday layering.
- Sometimes I see prices at J.Crew and I’m like — wait what? Sorry, no. Momma’s not a millionaire. Thankfully, there’s the factory store. So if a Chateau parka will break the bank, this Vail parka is a great alternative.
- H&M always comes through on the coats. I am obsessed with this one. I love both colors, too! Want. Want. Want.
- I’m not sure if a poncho counts as a winter coat (okay, it doesn’t), but this one is too cute not to include. I mean it has a faux fur lined hood. So cute!
A Dress A Day Till Christmas Day: Want to show off your midriff without making your relatives blush? This dress borrows from the crop top trend but ensures that your Great Aunt Mildred won’t spend the entire duration of the family Christmas party giving you side eye over her eggnog. See all my dress picks here.