When you’re pregnant, it is really important to maintain your health and beauty routine. Not only is it good for you, it is also good for your sanity. If I am perfectly honest, I am not sure if stretch mark creams actually prevent stretch marks. I think getting stretch marks has more to do with heredity and skin type, and no cream can change your genetic makeup. I will say I haven’t gotten a new stretch mark (yet), and I think these creams are really helping! Also, my pregnant skin definitely needs extra TLC. Between dry patches and break outs, a solid moisturizer is essential. I have found three that I swear by. 1. Burt’s Bees “Mama Bee’ Belly Butter: This cream is great. I personally like it because it barely has any smell and it moisturizes deeply. I know this is supposed to be a belly butter, but I use it all over my body. My arms and legs have never felt smoother.
2. Mustela Stretch Marks Double Action: This stuff is the real deal. True story — I have stretch marks in the most random places from growth spurts I had growing up. This cream has really helped to even my skin and I believe it has helped to prevent new stretch marks. We will see how I hold up in these last few months.
3. Creme Ancienne Soft Cream: I thought I loved this creme before I got pregnant, but it is my saving grace now. Sadly, I have been plagued by breakouts during pregnancy (booo) but this creme has really helped to keep my skin nice and luminous. So even if I have a blemish, at least the rest of my skin is glowing!
Loving this bandage dress from The Kewl Shop. It is also shockingly comfortable given its figure hugging fit — and comfort is key for a pregnant lady like me!
Shoes: Necessary Clothing (old, but love these) | Bag: Clare Vivier (similar) | Dress: The Kewl Shop | Jacket: Tommy Hilfiger (ridiculously old, but this one is cute) | Sunglasses: Amazon (similar)
Since it snowed on the first day of Spring, I feel like I have every right to wear my wintery plaid well into April. It’s only fair. :)
Shoes: L.L. Bean | Jeans: J. Crew | Shirt and Blazer: J. Crew Factory | Scarf: Brooks Brothers
Oh hey, it’s your favorite puffy-faced pregnant friend checking in to tell you that I’ve officially broken out my spring colors. I just can’t bear to wear another black sweater!
Shoes: Piperlime | Dress: C. Wonder (now closed, but this one is similar) | Coat: J. Crew Factory | Bag; Persifor: (old, but love her new ones)
You guys, we have a lot to cover in this post. First, I’m pregnant! Yayayayayay! To answer your FAQs:
- She’s a girl.
- She’s due in late June.
- We have a name but it’s not ready to be shared on the Internet just yet.
- No, we aren’t moving.
- Yes, we have a room for her (and a bathroom, too!).
- I feel fine :) just tired, and really out of breath.
- Matt is just as excited as me and super supportive!
Also, this post was supposed to coming to you from our fabulous Charleston babymoon. But the day we were supposed to leave our flight got cancelled due to ‘weather’ and wouldn’t be rescheduled for another two days. So we had to cancel the whole thing. It was such a bummer!! But we quickly remembered we live in NYC and can have a fun staycation, too. Even if it’s flippin’ FREEZING!
Okay, that’s all for now!
Boots: LL Bean | Dress: Zara | Coat: Zara | Scarf: Zara | Gloves: Urban Outfitters