I am in upstate NY this week, so I am not doing outfit posts. I am just not ready for freezing cold, snowy shoots just yet. But I AM ready to talk about holiday gifting. This week is all about last minute gifts! Sure, Christmas is next week — but you can still get great gifts now. Thank goodness for overnight shipping, amiright?? This first gift guide is all about the greatest color ever — pink.
- iPhone Case | 2. Drop Earrings | 3. essie polish in ‘fiji’ | 4. Heart Mug | 5. Frame | 6. Trinket Dish | 7. Thermos | 8. Dark pink drop earrings | 9. Pillow
We all have one. The person on your list that is IMPOSSIBLE to shop for. The key with hard-to-shop-for gift recipients is to find something unique, useful, and memorable. Here are some ideas.
- A Game of Thrones coloring book. I wonder if there will be as much gratuitous nudity in the coloring book. That could be awkward — but still amazing!
- These wine glasses are unique and beautiful. I love the rose gold option the best.
- These hashtag coasters are #awesome.
- Everyone should have beautiful personalized notecards.
- These notebooks are the cutest, and also super useful.
- If there’s one thing UGG knows, it’s how to make something snuggly. Good thing they made these throw blankets. Could you imagine snuggling up with one of these on a cold winter’s day?
- Speaking of snuggling. Who doesn’t love hot chocolate? This is a cute gifting option. I love the little mug scarf!
A Dress A Day Till Christmas Day: This dress is basic — and by basic I mean basically amazing. It’s perfect for a New Year’s party. Paired with a jean jacket it is perfect for a casual holiday party, and with a blazer you could wear it to your work holiday party.
Okay I WAS going to wait until after Thanksgiving to start gift guiding. Then I didn’t. So let the gift guides begin! As you can see from the photo below, Hannah is really excited to talk about gift guides. They are her favorite.
A classic gold ring is the perfect gift for your very best friend. Give one to her and keep one for yourself. It’s like chic friendship bracelets (except rings and super cute).
For your astrology obsessed friend, these zodiac rings are super cute and beautiful on!
This is my favorite Etsy shop to buy jewelry. The options are endless for unique, dainty, beautiful gifts.
Pearls and sparkles make this any girl’s dream necklace.
These tinsel drop earrings are perfect for the party gal on your holiday list.
Help your jewelry loving friend get organized with this giraffe trinket dish.
For your friend who’s always changing her mind, get her ‘jewelry‘ that turns heads but is totally not permanent.
A Dress A Day Till Christmas Day: Is it possible to have too many swing dresses? I don’t think so. This dress comes in black and red and is only $58!
Christmas in NYC is grand — but let’s just say that Christmas exploded on The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Va. Do you remember those cheesy Olan Mills portrait backgrounds from when we were kids? This background looks eerily similar to one of those. Except it is real and not a backdrop. And it is also really pretty in person.
Merry Christmas!! I hope you all enjoy the day. xo
Booties: J. Crew | Jeans: J. Brand | Skirt: J. Crew Factory (similar)
Every year, we kick off the holiday season “officially” at our dear friends’ beautiful house in rural Virginia. I always like to wear something super festive to this event — so this year I wore this giant red skirt. The silhouette is beyond flattering, and I definitely plan to wear this even when it isn’t Christmas.
Shoes: Steve Madden | Skirt: Choies | Sweater: J. Crew Factory
In case you didn’t know. You can basically get anything that is cool and worthwhile on Etsy. This is a fact. So I have compiled 25 gift ideas, all from Etsy, to help make you the most popular gift-giver ever this holiday season.
For the girl who’s house proud:
- This minimalist print for the newly married couple.
- This rope lamp for your friend who’s redecorating her bedroom in a nautical theme but, “doesn’t want it to get too over-the-top, ya know?”
- An antique wall mirror for your sister who is forever taking mirror selfies.
- An NYC-themed throw pillow for your best friend with dreams of taking a bite out of the Big Apple
- For your preppy bestie who’s expecting? This classic monogrammed wall decal will do the trick.
For your friend who loves a good piece of unique jewelry:
- These stacking rings, because obviously.
- Your aunt, the glamazon, really needs this chunky bib necklace.
- Colorful stud earrings for your sorority sister.
- A monogrammed bracelet for your favorite coworker from Kentucky.
- A signature necklace for the writer in your life.
For those girls who are weirdly obsessed with winter, and somehow always look cute despite the cold:
- The warmest chunky scarf ever.
- Or this one that is just too glamorous.
- The ever practical (yet fabulous) boot cuffs.
- A knitted bow headband because it’s the cutest.
- Fingerless gloves
For pretties who love paper:
- The wittiest card you’ll ever find.
- Embossed notecards for the girl who never forgets to send a thank you card.
- For the copious note taker, a personalized notepad set.
- Meow! The kitty paperclip to keep things organized.
- Wooden bookmarks for your boyfriend the bookworm.
For the (moderate) nature lover:
- These hanging plant terrariums are the coolest!
- Living magnets for the cutest little touch of greenery.
- A colorful cactus for your Secret Santa
- The tiniest bonsai tree for your boss.
- A terrarium ornament for your bestie’s Christmas tree
I took the picture above in Williamsburg, Va.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Unfortunately, it is also beginning to feel a lot like Christmas, too. Which means cold, cold, cold! Luckily I have these fancy and festive layering accessories my grandmother-in-law handmade for me! They are so snuggly and warm. I especially love the striped mittens.
Since all the real New Yorkers were in the Hamptons/Jersey Shore this weekend, it was just me, my husband, and 30 billion tourists left in the city to hold everything down.
Hoboken, NJ (right across the river from NYC) is the best place to watch the fireworks so husband and I hauled ourselves over there to get the best fireworks show possible.
But first, it was cocktail time:
Then we made our way down to the waterfront and the fireworks started!
And basically they kept going until the sky was a giant cloud of smoke and light.
What did you do for the Fourth?