Ya’ll better sit down for this…
In an effort to re-vamp their “dowdy” image, J.C. Penney is opening a huge store on 33rd street in Manhattan. The store will be just down the street from Macy’s massive flagship store. The new J.C. Penney is scheduled to open officially on July 31.
Okay, am I the only one who thinks this is TOTALLY amazing?! J.C. Penney is trying to make a huge comeback. (Perhaps I only think this is cool because I love public relations… and, boy, is this project going to need some clever PR.)
But STILL, in these tough economic times, I cringe at some of the prices I see at certain departments stores. I hope J.C. Penney is able to shed their dowdy image and emerge once again as the powerful (and fashionable) department store they once were.
Photo Credit: Vogue Russia | August 2009 | Photographed by Sigrid Agren
And now for something completely different:
It’s AWARDS time! I was honored to receive the Blog Lovin’ Award the other day and now I would like to pass it along to some fellow bloggers:
1. Fashion Cappuccino- This girl’s got great style. She also leaves incredibly genuine and sweet comments.
2. Miss Chelle – This girl can take some amazing photos! She also uses her blog to give us tidbits of what’s going on her life. I love the personal touch!
3. Ash Fox- This girl has a great business and style coming out of her ears.
4. Fashion Inquisitor- Great style advice for guys and a clean, sleek looking blog.
5. You Are Who You Wear- A gorgeous, well-written blog that I have to read every day.
** Picking only five was quite hard. I am literally amazed at the blogs I see every day. Quite frankly, all of you deserve an award.